Vegan Maple Banana Bread
I love to make a double batch of banana bread to keep in the freezer for backup. It doesn’t keep long in our home. We love to enjoy it for breakfast with some butter. You can also use this recipe to make some muffins for an easy on the go snack. It’s easy to make and so good.
4 Lrg Ripe bananas
1 Tbs Flax powder
3 Tbsp Water
1¾ cup Cake flour
½ cup Sugar
½ cup Maple syrup
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Salt
6 Tbsp Canola oil
1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180°C and make sure oven rack is in the middle of the oven. Grease and line a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix together flax powder and water to make your flax egg. Stir and set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas until smooth. Leave a bit of small chunks.
- Mix in the flax egg, vanilla and oil.
- Sift in the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to the loaf pan and spread the top even.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes depending on your oven.Test with a toothpick or cake tester, if it comes out clean it’s done.
- Leave banana bread to cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.
*To make it more yummy you can add dark chocolate chips to the mixture.