Easy Jam Tarts
This recipe only requires 2 ingredients and only 20 minutes of your time, that’s how easy it is. Enjoy these delicious tarts with coffee, tea or just on its own. I promise you that as soon as you start enjoying these jam pockets, you will finish every last one of them. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
1 Roll vegan puff pastry (defrosted)
Apricot & Strawberry jam*
*You can use any jam you like. I used strawberry and apricot jam because that’s what I had.
Extra: Almond milk and icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Flour your workspace and rolling pin. Roll out your puff pastry as thin as possible but not too thin.
- Use a round cookie cutter or the top of a glass and cut circles out of your puff pastry.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop a dollop of jam in the center of each circle.
- Use your finger to smear almond milk around your circle so that the sides can stick together. Fold your circle in a half moon shape.
- Take a fork and press the sides to seal it. Dip the fork in almond milk each time you press.
- Place your tarts on the baking tray and brush each tart with a little bit of almond milk.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let the tarts cool on baking trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
*Tip: Make sure you seal your tarts good otherwise the jam will ooze out while baking your tarts.
Garnish your tarts with a dusting of icing sugar. Display your jam tarts or store in an airtight container.
Easy Vanilla Choc Chip Muffins
I was craving choc chip muffins the other day. So I thought… I can definitely try and make them vegan, and guess what? They turned out super great. This one bowl recipe is quick and easy. Within 30 minutes you will have delicious and soft muffins for breakfast or just for a quick on the go snack. This recipe makes 12 muffins. I hope you enjoy it.
1½ cup Cake flour
½ cup Sugar
2 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Flax seed powder
3 Tbsp Water
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 cup Almond milk( or any other milk of choice )
1/3 cup Canola oil
100 g Vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line muffin pans with muffin liners(2x 6 muffin pans).
- In a small bowl prepare your flax egg by mixing the flax seed powder and water together. Leave it for about 3 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together the almond milk, vanilla essence, canola oil and flax egg.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add in your chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Fill each muffin liner about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes(depending on your oven) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pans for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container or display muffins on a cake stand.