Easy Jam Tarts
This recipe only requires 2 ingredients and only 20 minutes of your time, that’s how easy it is. Enjoy these delicious tarts with coffee, tea or just on its own. I promise you that as soon as you start enjoying these jam pockets, you will finish every last one of them. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
1 Roll vegan puff pastry (defrosted)
Apricot & Strawberry jam*
*You can use any jam you like. I used strawberry and apricot jam because that’s what I had.
Extra: Almond milk and icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Flour your workspace and rolling pin. Roll out your puff pastry as thin as possible but not too thin.
- Use a round cookie cutter or the top of a glass and cut circles out of your puff pastry.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop a dollop of jam in the center of each circle.
- Use your finger to smear almond milk around your circle so that the sides can stick together. Fold your circle in a half moon shape.
- Take a fork and press the sides to seal it. Dip the fork in almond milk each time you press.
- Place your tarts on the baking tray and brush each tart with a little bit of almond milk.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let the tarts cool on baking trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
*Tip: Make sure you seal your tarts good otherwise the jam will ooze out while baking your tarts.
Garnish your tarts with a dusting of icing sugar. Display your jam tarts or store in an airtight container.