Banana Oat Muffins
These simple banana oat muffins are super easy to make and so delicious, you’ll catch yourself eating everything. They are more on the healthier side than my Maple Banana Bread recipe, but they are still a treat for sure. Instead of using regular sugar for sweetness, I used coconut sugar and for me it compliments the banana very well. I love muffins for easy on the go breakfast or to have as a snack during the day. Believe me when I tell you, if you had one you will keep wanting more.
I hope you enjoy making these yummy muffins as much as I did.
3 med Banana’s
1 Tbsp Flax powder
3 Tbsp Water
1/3 cup Canola oil
2 tsp Vanilla essence
½ cup Coconut sugar
½ cup Cake Flour
½ cup Oat flour (made my own by blending dry oats)
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Salt
1/3 cup Vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 muffin pans with muffin liners. I got 10 muffins out in the end.
- In a large bowl mash your bananas with a fork.
- In a separate small bowl, make your flax egg by mixing the flax powder with the water. (Let it stand for one minute).
- Add your flax egg, canola oil and vanilla essence to the mashed banana. Mix well.
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl.
- Add your oat flour, coconut sugar and chocolate chips. Mix well to combine.
- Scoop the mixture into the muffin pans about three quarters full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven. Test with a toothpick, if it comes out clean it’s done.
- Let the muffins cool in the pans for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
*Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.