Homemade Dog Treats
Have you ever taken the time to think about all the different kind of ingredients that goes inside of those delicious store-bought doggie snacks? It’s quite crazy to think of, so I make my very own instead. That way I can know exactly what’s in them. The options to different flavors are endless. These yummy treats only requires four organic ingredients to make. You don’t have to feel guilty giving your fur babies these. My dogs are obsessed with them, they devour it within seconds. I promise you, your dogs will love them too.
1 cup Mashed pumpkin
½ cup Organic peanut butter
4 cup Oat flour (I made my own by blending dry oats)
2 lrg Eggs
- Steam about 500g pumpkin in a little bit of water until soft. Mash the pumpkin with a fork or masher. Leave to cool completely.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl add your cup of mashed pumpkin, eggs and peanut butter. Mix well.
- Add your oat flour and mix well with a wooden spoon. You can also use your hands to bring the dough together.
- Cover your bowl with cling wrap and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After the dough has cooled, you can roll it out with a rolling pin between two pieces of baking paper about half an inch thick.
- Use your cookie cutters to cut out the treats.(I had dog bone cookie cutters, but you can use whatever you have).
8. Place your dog treats on the baking trays.
9. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on your oven. (Add 5-10 minutes extra for a more crunchier texture)
10. Leave the treats to cool on the baking trays for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
*Store treats in an airtight container or in a cute doggie tin if you have one.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!