Raspberry Oat Squares
I love desserts that are super easy to make and only requires one bowl to mix everything together. These yummy squares are fresh, crispy and the perfect dessert for Summer or Spring. You can basically use any fruit filling to make these treats. Enjoy it with a nice cup of tea or coffee. Let me tell you, you will be going back for seconds.
1½ cup Cake flour
½ cup Oats
½ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
¼ cup Desiccated coconut
¾ cup Vegan butter or margarine
¾ cup Sugar plus 1 tsp extra
2/3 cup Raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 22 x 23 square pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your cake flour, salt, baking powder, oats, desiccated coconut and sugar. Leaving the 1 tsp extra sugar aside.
- Add small amounts of butter all over the dry ingredients.
- By using your fingertips, work the butter into the mixture until clumps starts to form or just combined.
- Add ¾ of the dough to the pan and press into an even layer.
- Spread your raspberry jam into an even layer on top of your dough.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the jam.
- Take your extra teaspoon of sugar and sprinkle it evenly on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven or until the top layer gets golden brown.
*Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Suitable for home freezing.