My Peanut Butter Cookies
Who doesn’t like a yummy peanut butter cookie? My favorite way to enjoy them is by dipping them in some coffee. This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of time or ingredients, what a score. As these cookies bake, your home will be filled with a delicious bakery smell. Let me tell you, you will be eating more than one within the hour of baking these. Enjoy!
½ cup Vegan butter*
1 cup Brown sugar*
¾ cup Smooth peanut butter*
1 Tbsp Flax seed powder
4 Tbsp Water
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
¼ tsp Salt
2 cup Cake flour
2 Tbsp Almond milk
Extra sugar for coating.
* You can use any butter, sugar or peanut butter that you prefer.
1. In a small bowl, make your flax egg by mixing the flax powder with the water. (Let it rest for one minute).
2. In a separate bowl cream together the butter and sugar using a stand mixer or any other mixing method for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the flax egg, vanilla and almond milk. Mix well.
4. Sift the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl.
5. Using a wooden spoon, mix everything together until you see the dough clumps together.
6. Use your hands to press the dough into a ball shape and wrap it with cling wrap. Place it in the fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
8. Take pieces from your dough and roll it into small balls.
9. Add extra sugar on a plate and coat your cookie balls.
10. Place your cookies on your lined baking sheet. Then press them flat in a crisscross pattern with a fork.
11. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the sides turn a light golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the tray for 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
You can store your cookies in an airtight container to keep them fresh.
Makes about 34 cookies depending on how big you make your cookie balls.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!