Easy Vanilla Choc Chip Muffins
I was craving choc chip muffins the other day. So I thought… I can definitely try and make them vegan, and guess what? They turned out super great. This one bowl recipe is quick and easy. Within 30 minutes you will have delicious and soft muffins for breakfast or just for a quick on the go snack. This recipe makes 12 muffins. I hope you enjoy it.
1½ cup Cake flour
½ cup Sugar
2 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Flax seed powder
3 Tbsp Water
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 cup Almond milk( or any other milk of choice )
1/3 cup Canola oil
100 g Vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line muffin pans with muffin liners(2x 6 muffin pans).
- In a small bowl prepare your flax egg by mixing the flax seed powder and water together. Leave it for about 3 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together the almond milk, vanilla essence, canola oil and flax egg.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add in your chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Fill each muffin liner about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes(depending on your oven) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pans for about 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container or display muffins on a cake stand.